Monday, October 17, 2011

Why I Love Colorado


When weather forecasts called for snow and wind on my first Saturday morning off from school in weeks, I excitedly planned for a day of reading, listening to music, drinking coffee, loading up the crock pot, and watching movies.  And it was all I hoped it would be, up until around 1:30 pm, when the skies cleared and for a brief moment, not a cloud could be found.  I knew then that I had to get out of the house to revel in the fresh mountain snow.  I headed for Garden of the Gods, a great place to go on a cooler fall day as there is not much shade. 



I wish I could bottle the smell of the Colorado mountains after an October snowfall.  As the sun creeps out and the snow quickly melts and evaporates off the red rocks still covered in summer's foilage, an intoxicating mix of juniper, sage and pine, with a hint of lavender escapes into the air.  Divine!


No comments:

Post a Comment